Carrie Weedon House
Though there were many teachers and schools in Galesville, one teacher in particular is near and dear to our hearts at the Galesville Heritage Society – Carrie Weedon. It is in her house that the museum’s collection resides today. Come tour the museum to see photos and items from her past.
Galesville’s community gathers in the Galesville Hall, a large gathering place located in the center of town and built with monies raised from the community on land that was donated to the town for this purpose.
Quaker Burying Grounds
The Quaker Burying Grounds is located on the edge of Galesville, Md, one of the early Quaker meetings in Maryland.
The Galesville Community Center is in the original building that was the Rosenwald School of Galesville. Originally built as an elementary school for African American children in 1929, its history is detailed here.
West River Market
The West River Market was once a gathering place for neighbors and visitors.
The Henry Wilson House is located at 862 Galesville Road and was built in the early 1870’s by former slave Henry Wilson. It is part of the Maryland Pilgrimage Tour.
Woodfield’s Fish and Oyster House
This was once a thriving business in town and is now the site of McLean Contracting Company, formerly Smith Brothers.